Skip to main content
So it's been a month since I last posted.  And so much has happened in that past month.

So, running.  About that.  I took a break.  I needed to do that.  Allergies, some rain, and some slight ankle/knee pain necessitated a break.

I registered for the Philadelphia Race for the Cure on May 9.  I'll be running with Dana....Well, she will run ahead of me because she is faster than me.  In fact, my race shirt is already in my t-shirt drawer, and my race number and race chip are attached to the back of my front door.  (Shameless Plug: I'm only $200 away from my fundraising goal!  Wanna donate?  Click here.)  I refuse to wear the shirt until the day after the race.  As my coach Juda said, (and taking a page from the movie PCU) "Do not wear the shirt of the race that you are running in." Juda added "I will pretend that I don't know you."   I can't wear the shirt until after the race is over.  It's similar to my "I can't look at the program until the show is over" phobia.  My goal is to finish in 55 minutes.  If I finish any faster than 55 minutes, hey, that's awesome.  And whatever time I finish in...it'll be my personal record!

I'm now trying to decide what to wear at the race...the shirt I got for the last race is long sleeved, and I think it'll be too hot to wear for a May 9 race.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anita's Cheerleaders Part Deux

So, I'm going through some serious transition times.  Yes, it hasn't and won't be easy. I am thankful that I have awesome friends who are super supportive.  And I am going to need some support along the way.  I want to get back into running.  I just did the Color Run .  (I highly suggest that you do this sometime in your life.)  My friend Laura Kay did this with me, and we did it in 53 minutes, which is a really good time for me.  I just figured out the start to a book that a professor suggested I write.  I want to get back to writing.   So, what am I asking for?  I'm asking for cheerleaders once again.  It doesn't matter where you live.  I just need folks to cheer me on and keep me on track.  I need to remember that I have support from all over the world.   So here's the job description...Weeks begin November 4.  The last week begins December 30.  So, friends, pick a week, and let's do this.   ...

10 Things this Youth Minister Wants You to Know.

So, every couple of months, a listicle from varying authors appears on my Facebook news feed. Most recently it appeared as this one . Many times this listicle speaks from the perspective as someone who is ordained/clergy. I have worked in churches or parachurch organizations for the past 16 years, and I am not clergy. There is a lot of crossover, but there are also differences as well. I thought about it, and I wrote my own listicle.  (Fun Fact: Spell Check recognizes listicle as a real word.)  1. Yes, this is my real job, and no, I am not called to be a pastor.  There are many folks who work in youth ministry as lay staff, who go on to seminary to become pastors. There are also many of us who are called to being a lay minister. I am not called to ordained ministry. I do see my position as a Youth Minister as a calling. I went to seminary with no intention of ever being a pastor.   2. The church is changing.  Just like every field, the church has chan...

Stories from the Woods

Spring is springing here at camp!  It's beautiful.  Everything is becoming green again.  It's been raining a lot, which has been desperately needed. Apparently, this spring, I am obsessed with birds hatching.  I have watched the Decorah Eagle Cam at least once a day, to see how the eaglets are doing. BUT, close to home, there is goose nest down at the lake.  Mom and Dad are both at the nest.  At last check there were three eggs in the nest.  (My estimation: The eggs should hatch at the end of April.)  It's super stressful to be watching this whole process.  A couple nights ago, around 10 pm, I was walking Jack before bed, and I heard the geese honking up a storm.  I got super worried.  I tried to get Jack to bark, but he wouldn't cooperate. I wish I could put a webcam up similar to the Eagle cam.  I also learned that geese lose their flight feathers when they nest, so they can't escape a predator.  I hav...