Skip to main content

Anita's Cheerleaders Part Deux

So, I'm going through some serious transition times.  Yes, it hasn't and won't be easy.

I am thankful that I have awesome friends who are super supportive.  And I am going to need some support along the way.  I want to get back into running.  I just did the Color Run.  (I highly suggest that you do this sometime in your life.)  My friend Laura Kay did this with me, and we did it in 53 minutes, which is a really good time for me.  I just figured out the start to a book that a professor suggested I write.  I want to get back to writing.  


So, what am I asking for?  I'm asking for cheerleaders once again.  It doesn't matter where you live.  I just need folks to cheer me on and keep me on track.  I need to remember that I have support from all over the world.  

So here's the job description...Weeks begin November 4.  The last week begins December 30.  So, friends, pick a week, and let's do this.  


Job Title: Anita’s Cheerleader
Classification: Seasonal, Weekly
Purpose: To make sure that Anita trains and writes between now and the New Year
Essential Job Functions:
1. Be aware of Anita’s goals and keep her accountable to her training and writing goals for the week. 
2. From afar (or a-close, depending on where you live), cheer for her in whatever way you know how (e.g.:Facebook messages, e-mails, postcards, etc.)
3. Suggest a playlist for the week for her to listen to while she runs. 
Qualifications:
1. The ability to use the phone, computer, pen and paper
2. The ability to encourage
Compensation
Anita will equally cheer you on for whatever is going on that week. 
Postcards. Definitely postcards.

Comments

Bad Shakespeare said…
Yay, Anita! Go!
Ayrie Joyce said…
I just added you to my blog list. I won't always comment, but I'm pretty good about keeping up with reading the ones I follow. I'm training for a 5 K now and trying to write several times per week, so know that I'm with you in spirit.
Molly said…
Yeah Anita happy to cheer you on

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things this Youth Minister Wants You to Know.

So, every couple of months, a listicle from varying authors appears on my Facebook news feed. Most recently it appeared as this one . Many times this listicle speaks from the perspective as someone who is ordained/clergy. I have worked in churches or parachurch organizations for the past 16 years, and I am not clergy. There is a lot of crossover, but there are also differences as well. I thought about it, and I wrote my own listicle.  (Fun Fact: Spell Check recognizes listicle as a real word.)  1. Yes, this is my real job, and no, I am not called to be a pastor.  There are many folks who work in youth ministry as lay staff, who go on to seminary to become pastors. There are also many of us who are called to being a lay minister. I am not called to ordained ministry. I do see my position as a Youth Minister as a calling. I went to seminary with no intention of ever being a pastor.   2. The church is changing.  Just like every field, the church has chan...

Stories from the Woods

Spring is springing here at camp!  It's beautiful.  Everything is becoming green again.  It's been raining a lot, which has been desperately needed. Apparently, this spring, I am obsessed with birds hatching.  I have watched the Decorah Eagle Cam at least once a day, to see how the eaglets are doing. BUT, close to home, there is goose nest down at the lake.  Mom and Dad are both at the nest.  At last check there were three eggs in the nest.  (My estimation: The eggs should hatch at the end of April.)  It's super stressful to be watching this whole process.  A couple nights ago, around 10 pm, I was walking Jack before bed, and I heard the geese honking up a storm.  I got super worried.  I tried to get Jack to bark, but he wouldn't cooperate. I wish I could put a webcam up similar to the Eagle cam.  I also learned that geese lose their flight feathers when they nest, so they can't escape a predator.  I hav...