Skip to main content

Rant....

I did not set up this blog to rant about life. I set up this blog to blog about the things that I am passionate about. (Read my first post to see the short list.)

What I am about to say is something that has been mounting for awhile. Please forgive me for ranting.

I have been living in a state of transition since Summer of 2005. My life has been a series of temporary stops since the fateful day of 07/06/05. I had a job for a year, then I went to Minnesota for school, graduated in May and now I'm applying for just about anything that I think I can get. If I sat down and counted the number of interviews I have been on, I would cry. I was doing okay for a long time about my lack of job or my lack of permanence. However, the past two weeks, I haven't been doing so well with this. So, gentle reader, I have two requests.

Thing #1. Join my cheerleading squad. Encourage me whenever possible. When I start to fall, when I start to get frustrated, remind me that there is possibility for me somewhere.

Thing #2. Help me find a job. I have a lot of research experience. I have a lot of social networking experience. I have 2 theological degrees. I have a degree in American Sign Language. I would love to put ALL of that to use somehow. I would love to work for the Search Institute or Pew Internet and American Life Foundation or something of that ilk. I have 7+ years of youth work experience, in both community centers and in churches. I would love to go back to working in a church. I would love to go back to academia as a research assistant. (I realize I'm turning into my father but that is a discussion for another time...:)) Who do you know? I'm currently in Minnesota, but I can move if the opportunity arose.

Again, I apologize that this got personal. I apologize for my outburst of frustration. I thank you for bearing with me and supporting this process and my blog.


And as reward for bearing with me, here is a picture of Jack. He is adorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God and Dog

Click to Play This is a video I made for class.  It's a draft, and it's a start. Please let me know what you think and what I should add.  

10 Things this Youth Minister Wants You to Know.

So, every couple of months, a listicle from varying authors appears on my Facebook news feed. Most recently it appeared as this one . Many times this listicle speaks from the perspective as someone who is ordained/clergy. I have worked in churches or parachurch organizations for the past 16 years, and I am not clergy. There is a lot of crossover, but there are also differences as well. I thought about it, and I wrote my own listicle.  (Fun Fact: Spell Check recognizes listicle as a real word.)  1. Yes, this is my real job, and no, I am not called to be a pastor.  There are many folks who work in youth ministry as lay staff, who go on to seminary to become pastors. There are also many of us who are called to being a lay minister. I am not called to ordained ministry. I do see my position as a Youth Minister as a calling. I went to seminary with no intention of ever being a pastor.   2. The church is changing.  Just like every field, the church has changed drastically since I start

Caffination!

I find myself in need of caffeine. A lot. Surprisingly, some blogs I read have made mention of caffeine. For anyone in need of caffeine resources, here you go. The Caffeine Database Better ways to use caffeine Yep, this is where I am now. I don't want to think about how much caffeine is in my system. It's been awhile since I've worked full time in a congregation. This time of year is where I remember self-care. How do we work in congregations and take care of ourselves? I usually swing toward too much self care or no self care. I've never found that balance. How or what are your ideas for self care? What do you do for self care?