Skip to main content

Things I've Learned

Greetings Dear Reader!

So, Baltimore has not been what I expected it to be (is it ever?).  What has surprised me is what I have learned through this whole experience.

1. I can actually cook, if it involves a crock pot.  I need to perfect chicken and dumplings (not Tara's recipe, even though THAT recipe is delicious).  This week, I've made chicken and dumplings, mac & cheese, and chili.  

2. I really want to run a 5K.  As in really, really.  So, who's with me? 

3. Jack misses dog parks.  There is one "legal" dog park in Baltimore County.  The "not legal" parks aren't fenced.  Blind Dog + No Fence = Bad Idea.

4. Postcard Day may in fact be the greatest day I've ever invented...and yes I have invented other days (cf. Kermie day). 

5. I really am smart and talented and gifted.  I just may not believe that all the time. 

6. FACT:  I have the greatest friends.  Period.  My friends may not be geographically close, but they love me and support me and remind me that I am smart, talented, gifted and called.  And for that, I am truly grateful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things this Youth Minister Wants You to Know.

So, every couple of months, a listicle from varying authors appears on my Facebook news feed. Most recently it appeared as this one . Many times this listicle speaks from the perspective as someone who is ordained/clergy. I have worked in churches or parachurch organizations for the past 16 years, and I am not clergy. There is a lot of crossover, but there are also differences as well. I thought about it, and I wrote my own listicle.  (Fun Fact: Spell Check recognizes listicle as a real word.)  1. Yes, this is my real job, and no, I am not called to be a pastor.  There are many folks who work in youth ministry as lay staff, who go on to seminary to become pastors. There are also many of us who are called to being a lay minister. I am not called to ordained ministry. I do see my position as a Youth Minister as a calling. I went to seminary with no intention of ever being a pastor.   2. The church is changing.  Just like every field, the church has changed drastically since I start

Anita's Cheerleaders Part Deux

So, I'm going through some serious transition times.  Yes, it hasn't and won't be easy. I am thankful that I have awesome friends who are super supportive.  And I am going to need some support along the way.  I want to get back into running.  I just did the Color Run .  (I highly suggest that you do this sometime in your life.)  My friend Laura Kay did this with me, and we did it in 53 minutes, which is a really good time for me.  I just figured out the start to a book that a professor suggested I write.  I want to get back to writing.   So, what am I asking for?  I'm asking for cheerleaders once again.  It doesn't matter where you live.  I just need folks to cheer me on and keep me on track.  I need to remember that I have support from all over the world.   So here's the job description...Weeks begin November 4.  The last week begins December 30.  So, friends, pick a week, and let's do this.   Job Title: Anita’s Cheerleader Classification: Sea

God and Dog

Click to Play This is a video I made for class.  It's a draft, and it's a start. Please let me know what you think and what I should add.