Greetings Dear Reader!
So, Baltimore has not been what I expected it to be (is it ever?). What has surprised me is what I have learned through this whole experience.
1. I can actually cook, if it involves a crock pot. I need to perfect chicken and dumplings (not Tara's recipe, even though THAT recipe is delicious). This week, I've made chicken and dumplings, mac & cheese, and chili.
2. I really want to run a 5K. As in really, really. So, who's with me?
3. Jack misses dog parks. There is one "legal" dog park in Baltimore County. The "not legal" parks aren't fenced. Blind Dog + No Fence = Bad Idea.
4. Postcard Day may in fact be the greatest day I've ever invented...and yes I have invented other days (cf. Kermie day).
5. I really am smart and talented and gifted. I just may not believe that all the time.
6. FACT: I have the greatest friends. Period. My friends may not be geographically close, but they love me and support me and remind me that I am smart, talented, gifted and called. And for that, I am truly grateful.