Skip to main content

What's in my bag?

So, Julie and I had a brief conversation about what is in my "go to" bag.  Well, here it is!  Sometimes I feel like it's excessive.  Then again, rarely have I found myself in a situation when I didn't have what I needed.

So the Kermit bag (and some accompanying things) comes with me when I travel or when I know I am going to present somewhere.  I've got Lightning cords, 30 pin cords, mini-USB cords, a plug, a mini jack to stereo jack adapter, headphones, extra speakers, audio cords of varying types, headphones (apparently 2 sets), and two styli.

This is the Kermit bag.
I may go a little overboard on the audio cords, but then again, sometimes overboard can be helpful. I've been able to plug my computer into flat-screen tvs with an HDMI cable (left).  The one in the
middle is a mini jack to RCA cables.  This is the cord that plugs into sound systems (PA or theatre). The one on the right is a standard mini jack audio cable.  

A close up of the cords
And thus begins the overkill section.  Here's the contents of one of two bags that I carry in my work bag.  This includes dry erase markers, Sharpies of varying sizes, pencils, pens, and Post-its. I also carry an extra battery and some of my business cards.

Yes...I have an addiction to Post-its and Sharpies.
And the last bag that is in my office bag is the everything else bag.  It's all the other things I think I need on a regular basis.  I've got a pitch pipe, tape, cords and charger, Fitbit charging cord, USB drives, cleaning cloth, barrettes,  and yes, guitar picks. (I'm picky about my guitar picks, pun slightly intended.)
Excessive? Maybe.  

It might be a little excessive, but I feel prepared for just about anything.  I have yet to find a compact power strip and extension cord for when I travel.  I also need to get a VGA adapter.  

I hope this is helpful! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things this Youth Minister Wants You to Know.

So, every couple of months, a listicle from varying authors appears on my Facebook news feed. Most recently it appeared as this one . Many times this listicle speaks from the perspective as someone who is ordained/clergy. I have worked in churches or parachurch organizations for the past 16 years, and I am not clergy. There is a lot of crossover, but there are also differences as well. I thought about it, and I wrote my own listicle.  (Fun Fact: Spell Check recognizes listicle as a real word.)  1. Yes, this is my real job, and no, I am not called to be a pastor.  There are many folks who work in youth ministry as lay staff, who go on to seminary to become pastors. There are also many of us who are called to being a lay minister. I am not called to ordained ministry. I do see my position as a Youth Minister as a calling. I went to seminary with no intention of ever being a pastor.   2. The church is changing.  Just like every field, the church has changed drastically since I start

Anita's Cheerleaders Part Deux

So, I'm going through some serious transition times.  Yes, it hasn't and won't be easy. I am thankful that I have awesome friends who are super supportive.  And I am going to need some support along the way.  I want to get back into running.  I just did the Color Run .  (I highly suggest that you do this sometime in your life.)  My friend Laura Kay did this with me, and we did it in 53 minutes, which is a really good time for me.  I just figured out the start to a book that a professor suggested I write.  I want to get back to writing.   So, what am I asking for?  I'm asking for cheerleaders once again.  It doesn't matter where you live.  I just need folks to cheer me on and keep me on track.  I need to remember that I have support from all over the world.   So here's the job description...Weeks begin November 4.  The last week begins December 30.  So, friends, pick a week, and let's do this.   Job Title: Anita’s Cheerleader Classification: Sea

God and Dog

Click to Play This is a video I made for class.  It's a draft, and it's a start. Please let me know what you think and what I should add.